Warm and Savory Parsnip Side Dish (Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, Keto, GF)

Parsnips-the weird carrot potato!
I love trying new ways to make veggies at home and the parsnips caught my eye this week. I made them as a side dish for our grilled lime shrimp and garlic spinach dinner and they were a nice addition as well as easy to make!
I grabbed a 1lb bag of parsnips so this recipe will make about 3.5-4 servings.
Preheat oven at 450 degrees
I cut off the ends and peeled the parsnips then threw them into a giant bowl.

I then sprayed them down with a bit of coconut oil cooking spray so that the seasonings would stick well.
I then added 1TBS of minced garlic, and lightly sprinkled the parsnips with about 1/2 tsp of black pepper, cumin, chile powder, sea salt, and paprika.
Next, I placed the parsnips on a cookie sheet covered in foil that was also sprayed down with coconut oil, the sprinkled another coat of chile powder and salt.
I baked them for 10 minutes then tossed them with tonges and then continued baking for another 10 minutes.
When they came out of the oven, I sprinkled them with a little dried basil.
They Definitely need a dipping sauce to boost the flavor and I wanted something that would compliment the chile-lime grilled shrimp we made, so I made a quick chipotle-mayo dipping sauce with light mayo, chipoltle chile pepper, and lime juice concentrate.  

*Veganaise is a good substitute for our vegetarian and vegan friends, and be sure to check any store bought mayo to make sure it is Gluten Free (GF).  The brand pictured below is NOT Gluten Free.

2 heaping TBS of light mayo with 1 TBS of lime juice, and 1 tsp of chipotle chile pepper. Give it a taste after mixing and add more chipotle or lime if needed.
The end result was fab! The parsnips were a great addition to our dinner and I love that they are loaded with Vitamin C and potassium!

Comments

Popular Posts