Smilinb Coach A Black Bikini

Smilinb Coach A Black Bikini
My blessed life collage

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Scrumptious Sage and Soy Wild Rice

I made this tonight for the first time and my husband wanted to lick the plate! Deffinitely RQ says MD! I made this rice and served it over a bed of baby spinach under some pan-seared salmon, but I think it would go well as a side to just about anything!
I actually have a soy allergy/sensitivity so I never use soy sauce! I alsways use Liquid Aminos instead and it's way healthier and doesn't bother my tummy. They sell it everywhere now if you want to try it :)
Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked rice
1 3/4 cup low sodium organic chicken or veggie broth
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 cloves of garlic finely sliced
12 leaves of sage finely chopped and extra for garnish
2 TBS Liquid Aminos

1)Bring the broth to a boil then add the wild rice and stir well. Cover tightly and bring down to a simmer until fully cooked- about 45 minutes. Probably easier if you have a batch of rice cooked ahead of time, then you can just make the sauce!

2) Melt 1/3 cup of coconut oil in a small frying pan at medium heat then add garlic and sage. Once garlic is a nice golden brown, stir in liquid Aminos, and turn down heat to low.

YOU'RE DONE!

Drizzle the sauce over the rice when serving and sprinkle a little extra chopped sage on top! There is crazy flavor in this simple side! Don't expect to have leftovers! I had extra sauce and I drizzled in over the salmon I made and served it with a side wedge of lemon- basically perfect! Mmmmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment