Smilinb Coach A Black Bikini

Smilinb Coach A Black Bikini
My blessed life collage

Monday, September 22, 2014

Pumpkin Muffins Rebooted!

Everyone is pumpkin flavored crazy right now and these will totally hit the spot! I made them once and the recipe below is me tweaking the recipe blindly because it was easy to tell what was missing on my first attempt.  Let me know if you make them and if you have any other ways to make them even more fab!
Ingredients:
1 15oz can pumpkin
Non-stick cooking spray
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flower (I really wanted to use almond flower- but I was out!)
1tsp pink or sea salt
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup of pure maple syrup (or whatever sweetener you want- I bet honey would be fab!)
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 TBS coconut oil
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven 375 degrees
Spray 12 muffin tin baking sheet with cooking spray.
Mix all dry ingredients well in a large bowl.
I used my mixer bowl to put together pumpkin and maple syrup. I then added in each egg as it mixed on low and added in almond milk and coconut oil (make sure it's soft but not hot).
Slowly add in the dry ingredients as it mixes until combined but do not over mix.
Fill each muffin tin about half way then sprinkle with raw pumpkin seeds. Bake about 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of one of the cupcakes clean. I tipped over the pan right out of the oven onto parchment paper to cool. Great warm or cool!






No comments:

Post a Comment