Smilinb Coach A Black Bikini

Smilinb Coach A Black Bikini
My blessed life collage

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Giving up control

One of the hardest things I have learned about training for figure and working with a diet coach is giving up control.  I like to be in control, who doesn't!  However, when it comes to dieting for shows, I still feel to green to go it alone.  I worked with a few different coaches and I really believe that any program will work.  No, they don't all work the same!  You may get better results working with one program or another, but if you really put a full effort in to do what your program tells you to do, you will see results.  The hardest part of following a program for me has always been giving up control!  So many new competitors, like myself, pay coaches to help "peak" them for a show.  We turn to veterans and diet experts to tweak our diets as needed to get the most out of our workouts and reach the goals we are aiming for.  However, we all question the programs given to us and what we are asked to do constantly!

We are all such snow flakes with individual needs!  We worry when we plateau (which is totally normal BTW) that the program is not working.  Worry worry worry!  I always hit a point in my training when I stop all of the fuss.  I actually let the fight out of my system and kind of let go of that stress.  It seems like the minute I do, everything comes together.  I have to trust the people around me I have helping coach me to know what they are doing!  Once I give up this control during my training season, I gain HUGE results!  Can you imagine, as a competitor, not worrying about your diet????  Try it!  All you have to do is give up your need to control everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment